Sunday, May 16, 2010

Today!!

I have always been a firm believer in today, as in this moment..Why, because nobody gives a rat's ass what you did yesterday and nobody will know wtf you are gonna do tomorrow!! This moment, today what you do, how you behave, how you respond to people is what matters! AHAM BRAHMASMI!! There are many old timers who make youngsters scamper, scoot,run for their dear lives the minute they open their mouths!! The reason is not bad breath, though that is also my suspicion.. it largely because the old timers start their every conversation with..'in our days", things were so beautiful, 'in our days' things were more disciplined, 'in our days' people treated people better and with respect!!....
If you ask me, i will tell you its all a bunch of crap! ( i will tell you even if you dont ask me also!! :))we all know in the olden days things were not so streamlined nor disciplined, we all know there was zamindari attitude to lower class people..(no one can afford to say the things old timers said to workers and such these days) and those days beauty is very relative to the beholder's eyes..my biggest fear is becoming one of the old timers who thinks the past was beautiful!, only because he was important then and not now!!. I get my sense of importance from my work and not from how people respond to me!
This happens largely to people who have not yet come to terms with loss of 'star status' or have stopped being a Demi-God! (trust me, its all in their heads! these days people are not remembered a few days after they are gone, so thinking 'the sun wont come up without me, moon will not shine without me' bullshit is a very bad defense mechanism of a retarded human being whose insecurities stemming from a far inferior complex that makes them hide behind self importance and denial thereby making their empty lives livable!).These are people who take themselves seriously and not their work! their work doesn't define them, they, their market and their 'glamour' does! This goes for actors, CEO's, politicians and 'desperate for publicity and fame' industrialists!!
I tell my actor friends to travel,. see the world, not so that they get to travel or holiday but to understand how frickin little we are in the wide expanse of this earth and how many, many many people have achieved success, greatness.nobility,immortality, Godliness (is there such a word? I wonder?!) by their work, hard work that has come from discipline, toil and sacrifice! We are in a position where people love us, admire and adore us...let us be nice to people who want to greet, meet and talk to us!. Let us not be snobbish, let us not think the sun shines out of our ass, let us not assume our shit dont stink! is what i politely tell my actor friends!!. Some take it in the right spirit, some dont..its ok! I am not here to change anybody by advise or lecture! I try saying everything with a pinch of humour and trust me, even i have been told off or insulted when i tell facts to my heroic bretheren, by the heroic bretheren!
What is the point of this rambling? (actually, i am beginning to wonder..i have the attention span of a firefly, i meander, wander, go off tangent so much so that i wonder where and who I am?!) I guess the point is that we should never take for granted the gifts that we have been given...trust me,. all of us are given gifts, we haven't learnt to count our blessings yet!. When we do, we will understand its not so bad!! We will also understand that we are part of a process, system,life force, energy of life mass making this Earth what it is! ( actually, we are depleting earth's resources and making it an empty dustbin, but thats another day, another blog!..trust me to wander off..) We are a part of a big picture and we are not alone, we are not special and least of all, we really dont matter that much in the bigger scheme of things!! Greater men have bode farewell to this earth and the earth has not stopped rotating on its axis!
My dad, a very old school man from films used to be careful about everything ( only for things i did, he must have had a ball in his heydays, i am sure!!)
He used to keep saying, you are a 'public figure' be careful what you do and say in public!, you are a'public figure' careful to keep your inaccessible fortitude!, was his constant advise to me! All this was at my ripe old age of 18!!. It kinda got to me after a while and i was telling a friend ' screw this 'PUBIC' figure bullshit man, cant take this anymore!!. My dad heard this and unleashed hell on me and told me off in all the four south Indian languages he knew well and added Hindi and English scoldings and abuses which he didn't know so well!! All this in the guise of me not talking advise in the right spirit and that stardom got to my head!, was his ranting.He accused me of coming home at 6.45 when the shoot got over at 5.30 when it was half an hour's drive only to get home! I was dumbstruck and didn't understand why i was being treated like a girl/object/pocession (you take your pick!) I came to know later that he was being overly protective so that i didn't marry any actress and run away from home!!. He needn't have bothered, because that was what exactly i did!! Well done with the discipline dad!!
There is a lot of murder that happens to the English language on a regular basis in my industry! Here are some snippets or nuggets (depends on how much you enjoy them)
SELF MURDER ...to denote suicide!
PETROTHAAL...to denote betrothal!
COME CASUALTY..to denote come casually!
VAKINI ...vauhini studios
TUPPING...dubbing!
SOOS...juice!
YACT...act!
will provide more soon!!


2 comments:

  1. murder the language... cant forget the production days and shoots , mostly the still shoots when we have fun with the photographer trying his best to converse in tanglish to the spot boys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it..people take themselves way too seriously. Well...if someone thinks they are indispensable..they need to think again!!

    ReplyDelete